Re: malware bites question

Ron Canazzi

Windows Defender settings are totally accessible using screen readers.

On 12/11/2017 9:10 AM, Chris Chaffin wrote:
I am not running windows 10, but will be getting a new computer for Xmas. Since it looks like most of you are running Windows Defender, I am considering doing the same thing with my new computer. One question, are you able to access the options and settings in windows 10 for Windows Defender?
That is one of the main problems I have with other virus and malware programs, so I was hoping it was accessible in Windows Defender.

Thanks,
Chris

On Dec 11, 2017, at 8:20 AM, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@gmail.com> wrote:

If you have the latest version of Windows 10 you don't need to run the malware program because there is built-in virus program called Windows Defender Security. If your machine seems to be infected you need to keep your virus definition up to date, then run offline to scan it. It will restart your PC and then, it will boot for couple of minutes. Once, the machine has been restarted you could check the history if the said threats were removed, or deleted.

Robert Mendoza

On 12/11/2017 8:22 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
I have Windows Defender and I do not get any warnings.

On 12/11/2017 5:20 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Ron,

I am using windows defender.

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 12:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] malware bites question

Hi Barry,

I don't know what anti virus program you are using, but with
many--particularly McAfee and Symantec products, they give a lot of
false positives. I remember when people running NVDA had all sorts of
problems with Symantec which kept eating up NVDA whenever it updated.

On 12/10/2017 8:45 PM, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Ron,
A few months ago someone gave a link to bible seeker. I tried to install it but, it didn't install. I guess it was a virus.

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 8:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi Barry.

I have run Bible Seeker and its various components for years with no
problems. This must be a false positive.

On 12/10/2017 8:05 PM, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Anthony,

The threat is from bible seeker. I hope this helps.

-----Original Message----- From: Antony Stone
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"