Re: Survey: Preferred Help Format

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Perhaps either the .chm or .html versions would be best because they are what we as blind users are most familiar with. If I had to choose one over the other though, the .chm file version was good for me for the longest time and it's more of a preference thing than anything else.  you get use to the .html version eventually.

Tony

On 12/11/2017 9:44 AM, tonea.ctr.morrow@... wrote:

My team hasn’t told me which help format we will be using for the online help. So, I thought I’d ask a little survey:

Which online help system do you prefer to use and a brief why, a.k.a. does one grant you more opportunities than another or is one more difficult with which to make a screen reader work?:

A)      Win Help (chm): old-style windows help system with a content tree on the left, a large pane containing information filling the right and center areas, and a header across the top with forward, backward type buttons.

B)      HTML Help: the design is similar to Win Help, but the whole thing runs in a web browser—whichever one is your default browswer.

C)      PDF – Portable Document Format with proper tags.