Re: nvda portable copy

Under Windows 10 one can determine which apps (or programs - these still get called apps from a Win10 standpoint) appear in the notification area (formerly known as the system tray).  Go to Settings -> System -> Notifications & Actions Pane then search for the link "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and click it.  This will open a dialog that contains a long list of the various programs and apps each of which has what NVDA announces as a "Toggle Button" which is either "pressed" [on] or "not pressed" [off].

What gets tricky is that what's listed for NVDA is NVDA Application, two times since I have an installed and portable version, and I had no way of knowing which was which.  I simply turned one on to see if the NVDA icon remained visible when I was running it and, if it did I knew I had the right one.