From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Survey: Preferred Help Format

I haven't used PDF to any extent. Isn't HTML mostly used now? Whatever the case, if people have problems using CHM, that's another instance of poor instruction or of people picking up Windows and other learning not in an organized manner. CHM is just as easy to use as HTML if you know how to use it. I won't go into how to use it in this message, but it's a question of knowing how to use it. and knowing how to work with a treeview, an essential piece of knowledge for CHM help, is important to know in other contexts. I'm not blaming people for not knowing how to use CHM help for whatever reason or reasons. But it is worth knowing.

CHM not only has a contents treeview, it has a search function and an index function as well. I run into a CHM help system now and then and it is an advantage for blind people to know how to use it.