From Clare

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Damien Sykes
Sent: lundi 11 décembre 2017 19:51
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Survey: Preferred Help Format

Hi,

I know how to use CHM. But it seems that the CHM viewer is deteriorating. It’s not that we don’t know how to use it (granted there may be some who don’t), but my friend can’t read content in CHM documents that I compile (the actual HTML content is just showing a blank page for him on every item), and it seems to be the 64-bit version of the viewer gives me a treeview of items that NVDA reads as “unknown”. I find the index useful in large programming references and such, but usually a table of contents suggests a recommended order to read something in. And that’s fairly hard if all you have is a treeview with a bunch of items that read as “unknown” and that can’t even differentiate whether an item is opened, closed or on its own...I only ever had that problem since switching to 64-bit Windows. On 32-bit, I could read CHM files with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Cheers.
Damien.