Re: Parenthesis

Antony Stone

Um, can't you just type a paragraph such as the one you wrote, into a text
editor, and then get NVDA to read it back to you, so you can tell for
yourself?

Bear in mind though that this might be one of those things that varies
according to the speech synthesiser in use, so different users might get
different effects - but at least whatever the effect is will be the same for each
person as they always get for that type of input, so they should be used to
it.

Antony.

On Tuesday 12 December 2017 at 17:12:36, tonea.ctr.morrow@... wrote:

How does the software treat parenthesis (such as this) when it does speech?
How does it convey to the listener that the comment (possibly unimportant)
is an aside comment? I need to know so I can understand how my audience
will hear it, both literally and figuratively.

Thanks!

Tonea
--
I thought I had type A blood, but it turned out to be a typo.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.