Re: I can't get NVDA's synthesizer to read Mexican currency as

Quentin Christensen

Hi Gera,

I'll grab the low hanging fruit off this one, which is that the synthesizer will add its own pronunciation to things, as it appears to be doing for USD$230.  You can add your own entry into the speech dictionary (it's speech dictionary you want rather than punctuation/symbol pronunciation).  You will likely be best using Regex to format it so you can look for the string "mxn$" followed by a number, and I must confess, my Regex is a bit rusty so I'll leave the exact syntax for someone else to hopefully help with!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 3:22 AM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:
Using NVDA's Vocalizer, where or how would I make NVDA to read this Mxn$3800 as 3800 Mexican pesos? I ask this because when typing in for instance USD$230 it reads exactly right as I'd like for the Mexican currency to read. I tried putting into the pronounciation dictionary but it didn't work. any ideas?

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

--