From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <clgilland07@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Alex

Welcome to the club. I'd love to see the Siri male and female voices, especially the ones now in iOS11 be available on Windows with NVDA, or for that mind on OSX on the Mac, but I don't perceive that as happening anytime soon lamentably.

I don't know much about this myself, though I do have some inside sources, not as many as I used to, but still, to Apple, anyway, I do know that Alex as well as the Siri voices are not part of Vocalizer, nor are they a part of the Nuance voices.

Just wanted to clarify that from someone who is an extremely extremely in depth/advanced Apple user of just about all their products.

Chris.

On Dec 12, 2017, at 4:47 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:

At&T holds the copyright for Alex I believe.

On 12/11/2017 12:28 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
If it is Alex then you will need to find out who owns the copyright. It may well be that Apple wanted at least some voices only they have, and hence anyone else using it would no doubt get sued to within an inch of their wallets.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-