Re: Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't think there are any new versions. all the newest version of Espeaks still have errors. I notice that at the moment the only way to get some of the latest english fixes is in a sapi version but that is not very nice.

Otherwise you could keep looking at the next snaps. I doubt speech player in Espeak is being worked on much at the moment with the python 3 project and all the hassles with win 10 and firefox new code.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

Go to the NVDA menu with insert N and arrow down to "help". Hit enter on it and arrow down to "check for updates" and uncheck it.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.

Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.