Re: Recently updated on accessibilitycentral.net

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

hi

The same i use to do it the old way when i had a little sight if i remember right it was like pressing the f8 key until it gave me some options and one of them been safe mode.

But when you were there the screen reader would not work.

I installed the patch on this machine here then done the steps to go into safe mode confirm it look around then go back out of it.

It will help next time if i ever have to go there for any reason that i can not do normally.

We do not know if it works on a windows 8 machine so that is why it only says 7 and 10.

I used to have a windows 8 machie but upgraded tit to 10 but if some body else trys it out and it works on a few machines will mention it there 2.

Gene nz

On 12/14/2017 4:46 AM, Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi Gene:

Thanks for those new tutorials.  I did not know that you can access
Safe mode with NVDA.  I will check into that.
Kevin Huber

On 12/12/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi guys

Pages recently updated
Recently updated: Added links to NVDA Guides on all NVDA related pages

New: Added a tutorial How to access safe mode in Windows and exit it with
the NVDA screen reader by Hareth  and co to the NVDA audio tutorials page
under the troubleshooting section
http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20audio%20tutorials.html Added a
tutorial (by Gene Asner) called Navigating ribbons in WordPad (to the NVDA
tutorials learning the basics page)
http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20learning%20the%20basics.html
Added a tutorial called Using the Ribbon interface in Windows via the
keyboard (by Brian Vogel) to the NVDA tutorials for Windows 10 page.
http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

Gene NZ

--
[Image NVDA          certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material