Re: In-Process 13th December 2017

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

The short answer is yes, Master since I think September has also used the newer build of eSpeak NG.  Looking at the what's new, it reads:

"Espeak-ng has been updated to 1.49.2, resolving some issues with producing release builds. (#7385#7583)"

Those two numbers at the end indicate the pull requests to make that update, which are dated September 11 and November 1.

In one of the comments, Reef also noted: "Locking the comments on this PR, since this is expected to be a long running PR. The goal is to regularly integrate the newest espeak-ng changes into the next branch. When espeak-ng reaches the next release, merge to master. This allows espeak-ng to be tested more regularly by users of next.

If you encounter a problem with espeak-ng or this PR, please raise a separate issue."

The number of comments we've had since releasing 2017.4 and the last couple of RC builds indicates that Reef was right and we do ideally need more people checking snapshot builds for these issues earlier.

If you are seeing different behaviour from eSpeak from 2017.4 to the Master builds, do let me know though.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin

Thanks for the update. But, one thing I noticed from the blogsite it was mentioned that eSpeak ng is update to 1.49.2. My question is that this also been for the master snapshot as well or this is specifically for the stable version 2017.4?

Robert Mendoza
Hi everyone,

Well it's that time of year, the last In-Process blog for the year!  Here it is:

Thanks for being so supportive and enthusiastic of the blog this year.  It's been fun and I look forward to bringing it to you again regularly in 2018!

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager