the problem with this feature is that, given the dynamic nature of the web, there is no good definition for "fully loaded." In the Appleverse I find that often times the ticking continues in spite of the fact that the page is, for all intents and purposes, loaded and ready to be used. So any solution to this problem would be, at present, a hack.
Kind regards,
Felix

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> schrieb am Do., 14. Dez. 2017 um 06:04 Uhr:

If you're loading a page in firefox, NVDA will say "busy"after a page is done loading. I just wait for the page to finish loading.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] sound when a web page is loaded

    Sound when a web page is loaded            I do think that it would be a good idea to have a sound when a page has been loaded.  Sighted people can see at a glance when a page is loaded so why should we have to check the long way.  If you have internet that constantly drops out and comes you want to know if your page is loading and when it's loaded.  The webie brouser has this feature.  It plays a ticking sound when a page is loading and you hear a ding when the page is loaded.  You can turn this off in the options menu.  I don't always use it butit's there if I want to use it.  Also you could have nvda read the progress of pages loading this could be an option in the preferences menu.

Brian Sackrider

On 12/13/2017 1:51 PM, Gene wrote:

You can't navigate a page until it fully loads.  Sounds may be nice but this is important for blind Internet users to understand, with or without sounds.  And if you move to the address bar and tab around that area, you will see an item that tells you that a page is loading if it still is.  I have nothing against a sound that tells you if a page is loading, but these are still things people should know.  I don't trust notifications to always be accurate.  People should be able to check what is going on aside from something like a sound if there is a way.

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:20 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] how to read a popup window on a web page

This is exactly why I use Navigational sounds in the old version of Firefox.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-