From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] In-Process 13th December 2017

Hi Gene,

I think they are counted separately. From memory, I think Mick mentioned
there were about 300 people on snapshot builds a little while ago.

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Gene New Zealand <
hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:

Hi Quentin.

Just a quick curiosity question about downloads of NVDa and or releases.

Is either the next or master snapshots counted in the number of downloads?

The reason i ask this is i have a stable version of nvda on the computer
but test snapshots mostly master and i know from the master the stable will
come when you do a release.

You noted numbers of downloads in the blog and wondered.

the reason I ask this if they are are they counted on a separate server or
section?

The number of downloads for each stable release I know they are counted
weather it be from the site or from the check for updatefeature.

but does that include master? or next or not?

Gene nz

Dear Gerardo,

Thank you very much for your support and amazing advocacy! All the best
for Christmas and the new year!

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com>
wrote:

Indeed! Thanks for all you guys do at NVAccess! You're definitely
changing lives thorughout Mexico and Latin America, in having a viable
alternative than the regularly-used Jaws, especially because of Jaws being
so expensive, thus with NVDA you're reopening doors for so many blind
people who otherwise wouldn't have been able to use computers. Also over at
Ciberaprendiendo (the Blindness tech podcast over at
www.eiberoamerica.com) I'm doing my promoting of NVDA via podcasts
episodes dedicated to it, hoping that even more resistant users of the
Shark, might take the plunge and switch. And lastly, my promoting NVDA has
brought me to create a Whatsapp Spanish group "NVDA Access para Todos" in
which we're already about 40 or 50 participants throughout Latin America,
in which we discuss NVDA experiences, answer questions etc. So it's all of
us's job to in our countries and/or areas, continue spreading by example,
all that NVDA has to offer in our path towards integration with the sighted
computer users. Graet work! and may 2018 bring inspiration for you guys in
implementing features, and for us in suggestions, and mainly to continue
spreading the benefits of NVDA.

El 12/12/2017 a las 09:09 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria escribió:

Hi, Quentin,

I'd like to thank you and everyone at NV Access for everything you've
done to make NVDA the great screen reader that it is today. I've really
enjoyed reading the blogs for this year and look forward to reading them
again in 2018.

Rosemarie