From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox Accessibility (was Re: Avg was Re: [nvda] malware bites question)

Well after the issue with the web controls, the fact they got rid of a lot of old things and no I'm not refuring to the navigational sounds addon, noscript can no longer have its menu and its all buttons those are not accessible.

Multiprocesser slows down the system causes it to crash on youtube and other sites.

Removal of xul support and adding of the poor implimentation of web extentions means I can't access options dialogs.

The fact they wrote that accessibility software like screenreaders could be used as malware while part of that is true the way I read the article is that they think all accessibility software is malware.

Just like when avg became bad norton and other things I no longer trust them.

I miss the extra extentions for associations but thats all.

On 14/12/2017 5:24 a.m., Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi Shaun:

I think I read somewhere that the Mozilla people are working on an
accessibility fix for the next version that comes out, or the
following one. Whether you can take them at their word or not remains
to be seen, but I wouldn't count them out completely yet. Meanwhile,
Google Chrome seems to work well with both NVDA and JAWS. Granted,
there a few things that you have to get used to, but the learning
curve doesn't seem to steep.

Kevin Huber

To be honest thats why I like.

1. a pc with a data drive as well as a system drive.

2. backups.

I have had security programs muck me about.

But thats not a problem, all my data is double backed up on spining
drives, the important stuff is on solid state drives and the cloud.

If something screws up, just reformat and don't do it again.

A reformat always fixes it.

I know it will take me about 2 days to install and several days to
reconfigure things.

Sadly I do not have a 2 drive system, the next powerbox I get will have
one even though the weight will be more.

My dad and brother both have this system.

That technically means that if I have a place to store configs of
things, and my data, if it screws up, in theory I can cut the restore
time in half.

It may take you days to resolve the issue.

It may take a week or 2 to fully restore but at least you know where you
go.

I use msse, and malwarebytes if something stupid goes up at me.

I do have ublock and noscript 5x on my side, still sore about what
mozilla did to firefox and web extentions, it appears they don't care
about accessibility anymore.

Its not spread to thunderbird yet and I have waterfox, that at least runs.

And thats all I care about.

I know thats selfish but I have been there and done that.

Avg was good once.

But then norton was darn good bar a few niggles from 1995-2003, after
that it went downhill.

Which was just sad, I still respect old nav, ndd, norton speed, and
windoctor for their ease of use.

Its all gone baa humbug!

Now we must use crap software just to use our systems and not even then
is it always safe to use your programs even with that but at least you
can control it.

If you switch to something better there is no garantee that it will stay
that way.

Now I want to be protected.

Its just I really don't want to worry about program x suddenly being
marked as bad even though it was good for ages.

I don't need to reformat every couple weeks because things get deleted.

I don't want to search for things or check things were working and I
really don't care about babysitting.

In the early days I did that.

For whatever reason when I was 10 years yunger I enjoyed that.

Not so much now.

When msse first came out I realised how much time I was wasting.

I havn't found anything to compair, not that win defender is safe, false
alarms on a lot of blind games and programs not as much as other
software but still means I have to keep watch.

Even so I can still use my computer most of the time.

On 11/12/2017 11:09 p.m., Angela Delicata wrote:
Hi,

I tried avg remover, but it is impossible to use with screen readers.

So, in the end, I suppose i have to wait till some sighted helps me.

thank you anyway and if you ave more suggestions they will be very
welcome.

ciao!

Il 11/12/2017 10:42, Ian Blackburn ha scritto:
If it’s like a vast then you need to use a clear program from the
website completely in accessible

The vast clear program makes the computer boot up into a special Mode
that you must use the mouse to operate that will clear your avast

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Dec 2017, at 5:40 pm, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

Is Avg a 64 bit install? if not then the old version of Revo will do
it or always used to.
I'd have thought that their site would give some kind of help on
removal but it may well involve the sighted. The problem is as they
now seem to belong to the same outfit as Avast they are probably
prohibiting screenreaders from hooking in to their code as well.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-