From: JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] An unusual but potentially very useful idea about sounds

Yeah, this is really cool. I think it’s some kind of radio interference. I get a bit of this in my own headphones, and I’d like to get some shielding so it doesn’t happen, mostly because it’s not exactly what I want to hear out of my headphones, but I can still see how it would be useful. Back in the early 90s, I remember using my short-wave radio and tuning in on the frequences my Apple 2 E used. There was no practical reason for this, I just thought the sounds were really cool, and indeed, I could pick out the different sounds for disk access, idling/waiting for keypresses, screen changes, etc.

I really have no idea, but I can’t really imagine a programme like nVDA being able to pick up these sounds. I mean wouldn’t you need some kind of receiver?