From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 13 December 2017 23:39
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda volume

As Robert mentioned, you can use what we call the "Synth settings ring".  To clarify the keystrokes for this, as they vary depending on your setup.

Firstly, your NVDA modifier key will be either INSERT or CAPS LOCK.  Also, if you have NVDA set to use Laptop keyboard layout, add SHIFT to these keystrokes:

Change between adjusting speech rate / volume / voice / pitch etc (the exact options vary between synths): Press NVDA+control+left or right arrow

Increase current setting: NVDA+control+up arrow

Decrease current setting: NVDA+control+down arrow

So, if you are using the default INSERT key as the NVDA modifier and desktop keyboard layout.  To change options is insert+control+right arrow or Insert+control+left arrow.

If you are using caps lock as your NVDA modifier key and using Laptop keyboard layout, then change options with caps lock+control+shift+right arrow

Note that you can set the NVDA modifier key to either insert or caps lock, independently of whether NVDA uses desktop or laptop keyboard layout.

See the User Guide for more information on the synth settings ring: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#SynthSettingsRing

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

To setup your synth setting for volume, pressing control plus caps lock plus right arrow keys. till you heard of Volume. And to increase press up arrow keys, or down arrow key to decrease the volume you desire.

Robert Mendoza

On 12/13/2017 3:00 PM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi,

What is the key combo to increase or decrease volume   without using the nvda menu?

Thanks,

Monte

--

Quentin Christensen