Re: Screen Shade/curtain?

Cristóbal

The reason why I never really took to that option is that there are times where you may need the help of working eyes for reasons x, y or z and next thing you know, you're without speech and now you can't get any sighted help to maybe get you out of a bind and you don’t' want to start tryign all sorts of keyboard commands not knowing if your work is being saved, messed up or god forbid you're doing something to your settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pranav Lal
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2017 5:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Screen Shade/curtain?

Hi all,

One way that has worked for me in the past is to hit windows key + p and then to choose an external display. The screen does turn off. You have to then do this upon every reboot.

In addition, several years ago, a company called Techno-Vision in the UK made a physical device that would turn off the screen. It still works. It plugs into the display port of a laptop and is treated like a display. See http://techno-vision.co.uk and ask them if they still have the device.

The problem with an app solution is that on many corporate systems, it is difficult to install because you need permission.

Pranav