Re: screen shade

Karim Lakhani <karim.lakhani@...>

that is why Elixa is making a killing, they have brought out a screen version.
So all these sighted who didn't like talking to Alexa, will be buying the latest and greatest.
Already in Canada people are blocking things which were but it's all about money for commercials!

EMAIL:karim.lakhani@...
$$$$
$$$$
Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a
reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you
can control is your character.
- Wayne Walter Dyer (1940-)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] screen shade

I agree with you.

I have not seen a sighted person use a device with the screen off on any device.

You ask any sighted person to use the computer with say sound and only the screen reader and the screen turned off and they are lost.

I my self would not even do any type of banking or sensitive stuff on a public computer just because of security I would want to hope it was really locked down.
And that would be even with a blacked out screen.
I would still not go there on public terminal.

Been in a home situation I would not have a need for it who is going to look my wife? or may be people just do not want people to know they could be looking at one of those .aughty websites.

At home off goes the button on the monitor and then the wife if she wants it just turns it on.

Gene nz

On 12/19/2017 2:03 AM, ely.r@... wrote:

Good idea!

I have to wonder what people are writing on their computers in what I assume is a public area that they do not want others to see. If someone has full vision, one would assume that they have their screen turned on so they can both read and write. If so, then it is likely that they will not be writing highly sensitive things that others might see as they walk by. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but. . .

Rick

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 7:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] screen shade

Instead of screen shade. Get a black piece of paper and put it over your screen. And voila, nobody can see your screen at all.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.