Trying to install NVDA from a portable copy on new Windows 10 computer but can't focus on the NVDA menu

Sharni-Lee Ward

Hi,

I got a Windows 10 laptop as an early Christmas present and earlier, I
tried to install NVDA on it from the portable copy I have, but when I
opened the NVDA Menu, focus didn't switch to it. I tried alt+tab in case
that would help, but I always landed on the window with the folder
containing the portable copy. I really wanna start working this computer
out and setting it up to my liking, but I can't do that if I can't even
focus on the window I want to focus on. I've asked on the blind tech
list but nobody's talking yet and I'm scared my post might end up being
ignored because I sent it just as everyone was going to bed.