Re: an idea for possible new NVDA functionality

Bhavya shah

Hi Kendell,
The Commands Quick Reference only lists the more frequently used
common keyboard shortcuts of NVDA. A much more extensive and
comprehensive document to peruse is the Help submenu item just below
Commands Quick Reference, namely User Guide. This doubt of yours would
have been clarified even by a quick Find for the relevant keywords. I
am sure that a read of this guide will teach you quite a few new
things.
Yes, the unofficial ETI Eloquence driver is illegal and any discussion
revolving it is prohibited on this list.
The functionality you propose sounds like a reasonable feature
request, but is subject to technicalities I do not have knowledge
about.
Thanks.

On 12/19/17, coffeekingms@hotmail.com <coffeekingms@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi
Thanks a lot for the tip on the synth settings ring for the laptop keyboard
layout. I did look in the command quick reference before posting here but
didn’t find it. I assume discussion of the unoficial, free, ETI eloquence
add on isn’t allowed, so I’ll refrain from reporting bugs that only affect
it. I don’t have the money for the officially supported one which also
contains the vocalizer voices, $60 is a bit much on most months. Regarding
the keyboard layouts, I don’t know the keycodes for my Logitech k520, but if
I could find an application which could show them I could easily put them up
somewhere. I was asking for general functionality though. For example, an
additional checkbox in the general or keyboard settings labeled something
like, keyboard layout for “keyboard name here” combo box desktop. I don’t
know if it’s technically possible to query windows for a list of keyboards
connected to it. If it is, if it’s possible to separate out add on keyboards
from the one plugged into the laptop’s motherboard. And how would desktops
be handled? That is, desktops with two keyboards, or maybe one keyboard and
one braille display with braille keys? I just now thought of that last one.
There may be a reason NVDA can’t do what I’m asking.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

10