Re: competition

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Actually Bob, the situation with jaws is that it makes almost complete use of it Scripts. Jaws has a well-earned reputation for ignoring standards, and forcing all programs into compliance. A few off-the-shelf products work out of the box if the developers have followed certain standards, but the program's you use everyday such as Office products are heavily scripted.

I used to make pretty good money going to customers houses, uninstalling their script files, and reinstalling them. I made almost as much money doing that as I did cleaning up viruses, and had almost as good a time doing it.

Best,

Erik

On December 18, 2017 7:38:51 PM "bob jutzi" <jutzi1@gmail.com> wrote:

But Jaws still does make use of scripts a when necessary and I don't see
how anyone can afford keeping that thing updated. I'm sure it comes
down to what your software needs are. I use both Word and Outlook
Office 365, Itunes, and Winamp, to name a few, and NVDA meets my needs
very well.

On 12/18/2017 6:41 PM, Sam Taylor wrote:
Karim,

They are not included because Add-ons, as the name suggests, are
optional. Integrating them into the installer would mean that the
installer filesize would be inflated, resulting in a much bigger
download for everyone.

On 19/12/2017 9:30 am, Karim Lakhani wrote:
Hi,
Can someone explain why add are not included in the main install of
the APP.
If the add on's are useable by all the community, why not add them in
the main install?
I hope this doesn't come down to the amount of data you have, I know
it will be cheaper then 1800.00
Some of us don't have the knowledge to accomplish these functions.
I think it's like Elisa, she only gets smarter the more you use it.
EMAIL:karim.lakhani@shaw.ca
$$$$
SKYPE: goldenace4
$$$$