From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of coffeekingms@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] an idea for possible new NVDA functionality

Hi

Thanks a lot for the tip on the synth settings ring for the laptop keyboard layout. I did look in the command quick reference before posting here but didn’t find it. I assume discussion of the unoficial, free, ETI eloquence add on isn’t allowed, so I’ll refrain from reporting bugs that only affect it. I don’t have the money for the officially supported one which also contains the vocalizer voices, $60 is a bit much on most months. Regarding the keyboard layouts, I don’t know the keycodes for my Logitech k520, but if I could find an application which could show them I could easily put them up somewhere. I was asking for general functionality though. For example, an additional checkbox in the general or keyboard settings labeled something like, keyboard layout for “keyboard name here” combo box desktop. I don’t know if it’s technically possible to query windows for a list of keyboards connected to it. If it is, if it’s possible to separate out add on keyboards from the one plugged into the laptop’s motherboard. And how would desktops be handled? That is, desktops with two keyboards, or maybe one keyboard and one braille display with braille keys? I just now thought of that last one. There may be a reason NVDA can’t do what I’m asking.

Thanks

Kendell Clark

Sent from Mail for Windows 10