Re: Trying to install NVDA from a portable copy on new Windows 10 computer but can't focus on the NVDA menu

Gene

You haven't determined if this is a problem you are having with NVDA in general or a problem with your specific copy that you customized.  Download a completely clean exe file, run it, and when given the choice, select the keep running option.  See if you can do the things with it that you can't with the tailored copy you are working with.

Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trying to install NVDA from a portable copy on new Windows 10 computer but can't focus on the NVDA menu

My portable copy has all my settings and I have caps lock set as the modifier on it. I also tried using the modifier +q to exit, and I know that menu popped up but focus didn't switch to it automatically. My mother and sister could see it but I couldn't.

On 20/12/2017 12:10 AM, Chris wrote:

Is the menu open do you know?

The default nvda modifier is the insert key you can change it to the caps lock keybut that is not the default

So try the insert+N and see what happens then