From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Admin's Note: Welcome Your New Moderator

I would like to thank Nimer Jaber for the honor of being selected as a moderator.
I am not yet acting as a moderator but at the outset, I want to make what I consider an important point.

When I am writing as a list member and not sending moderation messages, I want and hope that list members will treat me as they always have.  That is, list members may feel as free as before to comment or disagree with me when I write as a member.  When I write as a moderator, then the rules apply for dealing with moderation matters but I see the two as completely separate.  I have the impression that on many lists, moderators may be treated differently even when they are participating as list members and I want to assure the list that I don't want that to be the case with me.

I am looking forward to working with Nimer to keep the list running smoothly and to help the list meet the needs and concerns of NVDA users.  I look forward to serving the list.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:18 PM
Subject: [nvda] Admin's Note: Welcome Your New Moderator

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome all of you to the new moderator who will step into Joseph's hard-to-fill shoes. Many of you know this individual, as he posts frequently with thoughtful, well-researched content. He has done this for a long time now.

Please welcome Gene to the moderation team. He will work with Joseph closely until the end of May to make sure that he has all of the information he needs to step into the position. Gene and I will work closely to continue to make sure that this list runs without problems. We will, of course, miss Joseph as he embarks on a new journey.

If you have any questions, concerns, problems or suggestions, please let the moderation team know at nvda+owner@groups.io
Fernando Apan
Tel: (228) 8 16 53 90
Twitter: @fernandoapan