Re: Trying to install NVDA from a portable copy on new Windows 10 computer but can't focus on the NVDA menu

Sharni-Lee Ward

I'm writing this from the new computer. Things seem to have worked out fine. Although end and home aren't working right now. Maybe they're in a different position on this laptop. Anyways, I'm using the computer and will hopefully get all my stuff in order soon. :)

On 20/12/2017 1:55 AM, Chris wrote:

Maybe the open window has focus, try closing the window and see if that helps any

Or try windows key+D to go to the desktop and see if that is better

Or failing that go to the notification tray windows key+B and see if you can open the nvda menu with the tray icon

Or if that dowsnt work restart nvda and/or the computer

From: Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: 19 December 2017 14:36
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trying to install NVDA from a portable copy on new Windows 10 computer but can't focus on the NVDA menu

My portable copy has all my settings and I have caps lock set as the modifier on it. I also tried using the modifier +q to exit, and I know that menu popped up but focus didn't switch to it automatically. My mother and sister could see it but I couldn't.

On 20/12/2017 12:10 AM, Chris wrote:

Is the menu open do you know?

The default nvda modifier is the insert key you can change it to the caps lock keybut that is not the default

So try the insert+N and see what happens then