i sincerely appreciate you and request divine infinite mercy and
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
blessings for you.
On 12/20/17, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:
AND, HEY, ALL CAPS SAYS I SECOND THIS! All the wonderful work you do is
always top notch and fully appreciated by anyone who takes the time to
On 12/19/2017 3:56 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
I'm looking forward to listening to the new tutorial once it's
completed. Thank you for doing this for us.
*From:* firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] *On Behalf Of
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:40 PM
*Subject:* [nvda] Welcome to NVDA 2018: production under way
Dear NVDA community,
A few weeks ago I asked on the NVDA users list if I should record an
updated version of the popular “Welcome to NVDA” tutorial series, and
everyone said “yes”. Thus, I’m happy to announce that production of
2018 edition of this tutorial series is under way. Due to a completely
new synthesizer to be used, coupled with use of Microsoft Edge for
various web browsing examples, I’m recording most sections anew. I’m
also redoing most recordings to make the sound quality consistent
throughout the tutorial set, as the 2013 and 2015 editions had varying
Changes in the 2018 edition (part 1 is completed and waiting to be
* Overall: use of Windows oneCore synthesizer. Due to popular
request, each topic will be an mp3 file of its own.
* Introduction (part 1): the new checkbox that offers to start the
portable copy when created is covered, along with restart with
debug logging option. Due to time constraints, new command line
options are not covered (they’ll be covered in an addendum).
* Basics (part 2): the newly expanded welcome dialog will be
covered. Apart from that, there’s nothing new in 2018 edition.
* Objects (part 3): stays the same except for new speech synthesizer.
* Web browsing (part 4): most examples will use Firefox and Edge,
with one or two requiring use of Internet Explorer. A new section
on MathML reading will be covered.
* Apps (part 5): Some replacements and new apps. In Microsoft Word
section, I’ll briefly demonstrate braille input support.
* Configuration (parts 6 and 7): Windows 10 OCR will be mentioned
but will not be covered, and a host of changes will be done thanks
to new and revised options in NVDA.
* Tools (part 8): Windows 10 OCR will be covered last.
* Add-ons (part 9): instead of OCR add-on, Golden Cursor will be
covered. Also, how to disable individual add-ons will be shown.
* Possible addenda: command-line switches, NVDA on Windows 10 on ARM.
For the most part, content should be identical to the 2015 edition.
The current edition of the tutorial set can be found at:
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages