From: "Chris Mullins" <cjmullins29@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trying to install NVDA from a portable copy on new Windows 10 computer but can't focus on the NVDA menu

Hi Fernando

I’ve just done this myself and I copied NVDA from an old computer to a new one as follows:

1. Created a portable copy of NVDA on a USB stick from my old computer (NVDA 17.4).
2. Plugged USB stick into new computer and ran portable copy of NVDA
3. Opened NVDA menu, pressed t for Tools, then arrowed down to Install NVDA.. and pressed enter.
4. NVDA began installing after pressing alt Y to UAC prompt

At end of installation, NVDA opens a dialog asking:

Start NVDA after loggin into Windows (this was checked)

Start NVDA on log-in screen (this was checked)

Copy profile to installed copy (not checked)

I check to ‘Copy profile’ box and pressed enter on OK button. It created NVDA exactly as it was on my old computer, including synthesizers, ad-ons etc. As far as I’m aware, the only thing it did not replicate from my old computer was I had copied my NVDA profile to the Windows system and this it could not do as it is an admin function, so it just uses the default when voicing the log-in screen.

Cheers

Chris