Welcome to NVDA 2018: first two parts completed
Ladies and gentlemen,
The first two parts of Welcome to NVDA 2018 tutorial series are done:
Look for “Welcome to NVDA 2018” heading. Due to popular demand, each topic is a separate file. I plan to make each tutorial part a single file once production is complete, as well as providing a zip file of all tutorial files.
- Restarting NVDA: “Restart with debug logging enabled” is covered.
- Creating portable copy: the option to start the portable version after creation is covered.
- Basic keyboard commands: both desktop and laptop layouts are covered with live examples.
- Battery status command: while demonstrating this command on my laptop, you’ll hear a surprise message.
- Touchscreen interaction: briefly mentioned the new Touch Interaction settings which is incubating, along with an example.
- Synthesizer: in part 2 (Basics), you’ll hear Windows OneCore (aka Microsoft Mobile) voices in action, with Microsoft Mark making his first appearance.
- Formatting announcement: an example of what happens when you press NVDA+F twice quickly is included.
- NVDA menu: Preferences/Windows 10 OCR is included but the actual dialog won’t be shown.
- Add-ons preview: as you listen to NVDA menu segment, you’ll hear menu items for the following add-ons: Windows 10 App Essentials, Remote Support, and DictationBridge.
- Opening the user guide: now done via Microsoft Edge.
Hope this helps.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.