Re: Welcome to NVDA 2018: first two parts completed

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Joseph and all,

I also listened to a part of the tutorial files and I agree with Goly and Angela, it is realy great. Clear explanations and easy to understand for those who do not have English as their primary language.

Well done!

Best

Sylvie

Le 21/12/2017 à 12:12, Angela Delicata a écrit :

I am listening  to the tutorial and find it very useful and easy to understand even for me whose first language is Italian and not English.

So, a huge thank you!

Il 20/12/2017 22:59, Joseph Lee ha scritto:
Ladies and gentlemen,

The first two parts of Welcome to NVDA 2018 tutorial series are done:

http://www.josephsl.net/tutorials

Look for "Welcome to NVDA 2018" heading. Due to popular demand, each topic
is a separate file. I plan to make each tutorial part a single file once
production is complete, as well as providing a zip file of all tutorial
files.

Changes:

*    Restarting NVDA: "Restart with debug logging enabled" is covered.
*    Creating portable copy: the option to start the portable version
after creation is covered.
*    Basic keyboard commands: both desktop and laptop layouts are covered
with live examples.
*    Battery status command: while demonstrating this command on my
laptop, you'll hear a surprise message.
*    Touchscreen interaction: briefly mentioned the new Touch Interaction
settings which is incubating, along with an example.
*    Synthesizer: in part 2 (Basics), you'll hear Windows OneCore (aka
Microsoft Mobile) voices in action, with Microsoft Mark making his first
appearance.
*    Formatting announcement: an example of what happens when you press
NVDA+F twice quickly is included.
*    NVDA menu: Preferences/Windows 10 OCR is included but the actual
dialog won't be shown.
*    Add-ons preview: as you listen to NVDA menu segment, you'll hear
menu items for the following add-ons: Windows 10 App Essentials, Remote
Support, and DictationBridge.
*    Opening the user guide: now done via Microsoft Edge.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Joseph

---