From: Payal Kapoor
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 3:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I hear the word payne

although i don't have trouble with the word pane, i usually hear
unknown every time i close a page or programme. also when i close
everything down before i shut down, unknown
is announced. there is no other dialogue box there either. any idea
why this might be so?
i have recently made the switch from JAWS to NVDA and this confuses me.
thanks for any help.
Payal

I think it when nvda has no other data from the page. The pane seems to
be
what is said by default when web browsers have a blank page.
I hear it when firefox boots up for the first time as well.

Is your machine particularly slow?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.