Re: Nvda sleep. Mode

Gene

I thought the command was the same for the desktop and laptop layout.  It isn't.  For the laptop layout, it is NVDA shift z.  for the desktop layout, its NVDA key shift s.  Sorry about the confusion.  If you have NVDA set to the laptop layout, and are using NVDA key shift z and the command isn't working, I don't know why.

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda sleep. Mode

No i'm using the laptop keyboard

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Homepage;

On 23 Dec 2017, at 03.02, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Are you using an external keyboard?

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 12:32 PM

Hello
Pressing nvda +shift +s, nvda says selected and does not goes to sleep,
I am using a laptop by the way,
Thanks

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Homepage;

On 23 Dec 2017, at 01.27, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

What guide are you referring to?  Do you mean the guide you purchase?  If so, and if you are reporting the command as it exists accurately in the guide, that is the second incorrect command I've seen discussed in the paid for guide in about the last six months.  I'm not sure what the other one was but it wasn't discussed here.  The correct command is NVDA key shift s.

I seem to recall that the other incorrect command had to do with a screen review or object navigation command.

Even if people know the correct command, it is important to report incorrect commands in instructional material NVDA creates or links to.

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 12:14 PM
Subject: [nvda] Nvda sleep. Mode

Hello.
I have a question
I read in the nvda guide that pressing nvda + shift + z will put nvda to sleep,
But when i press it nothing happens,
So how do i put nvda to sleep?
Thanks