Re: I'm dissappointed

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

You really need to look back at the surveys which they do every one to 2 years.

Is the reason that people did not send on the survey to others? I saw back then a few people on the list say they were not going to fill it in because it was floored or along those lines.

What do you recon could help ask them to put a translator plug in on the website so people from other countries can fill it in? or the people from other countries use a translator program?

I have been watching the results of nvda users on each survey and wondered one time why it went down instead of up. could it just be people not bothering with it from the list? or any list it was sent to.

The survey is only aable to reflect on the day/month it is done on and only if it is filled in.

Have you watched where one screen reader was and where it is now no matter which one it is.

The way you look at it is that nvda will if known more will touch more people in this world than a commercial screen reader and that is also including third world countries. All you need to do is look at the nvda user statistics at http://community.nvda-project.org/usersByCountry.html

You can go back in earlier surveys results and you will notice nvda usage usually went up apart from one of them

I do not mind filling them in if it maybe gives more direction of where things are going.

When you look at this result of users was this not about the time window eyes was made free and shortly after it was canned.

% of Respondents
JAWS
743
30.2%
ZoomText
545
22.2%
Window-Eyes
508
20.7%
NVDA
360
14.6%
VoiceOver
188
7.6%
System Access or System Access To Go
36
1.5%
ChromeVox
8

Between this last survey and the previous one Window eyes users went a few different way one of them been given a copy of the other screen reader if there previous screen reader called window eyes was up to date.

Here are a few notable items and changes from previous surveys (the most recent having been conducted in July 2015):
• This survey had more representation world-wide then previous surveys.
• 10.9% of respondents reported not having a disability. Collecting information from these users (presumably testers or other accessibility advocates) allows us to better identify differences in usage and opinion from screen reader users that have disabilities. In general, there are typically few differences, though some notable differences are identified in the survey results.
• JAWS continued to be the most common primary screen reader at 46.6%. NVDA (31.9%) and VoiceOver (11.7%) were also common primary screen readers. Other screen readers are rarely used.
• ZoomText and Window-Eyes saw significant decreases in reported usage from 2015. This is likely due to actual decreased use (Window-Eyes has been discontinued), but may also be due to a narrower distribution of the survey and fewer respondents with low vision.
• When considering all screen readers used, JAWS was at 66% with NVDA just slightly lower at 64.9%.

I guess if you read all the survey results nvda useage has gone up overall I guess we all can keep spreading the word!

Gene nz

On 12/23/2017 6:46 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Hi all. FYI the Webame survey 7 results out out. It’s a mixed bag. I’m dissappoited in NVDA useage. Its at 31.9 percent and that other screen reader I won’t talk about anymore is at 46 percent. All I’ll say is this. Spread the word about NVDA. I know a lot of you have adopted the use of it over the past year now that WINEyes is dead. Also if you can send NV Access a donation.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10