From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dr. arvind singh brar
Sent: 23 December 2017 16:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda sleep. Mode

Hi there,

I tried pressing nvda shift z but nothing happens,

I even tried it input help on but pressing those key combination did nothing,

So i uninstalled and re-installed nvda just to see if there would be any difference, but the results were the same,

Really frustrating, i really do not know where i am going wrong,

*sigh*

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Homepage;

On 23 Dec 2017, at 22.51, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (cjmullins29@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

NvDA+Shift+s toggles sleep mode with Desktop keyboard layout and

NVDA+Shift+z toggles sleep mode with laptop keyboard layout.

Cheers

Chris

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Homepage;

On 23 Dec 2017, at 03.02, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Are you using an external keyboard?

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 12:32 PM

Hello

Pressing nvda +shift +s, nvda says selected and does not goes to sleep,

I am using a laptop by the way,

Thanks

This message is transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Homepage;

On 23 Dec 2017, at 01.27, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

What guide are you referring to?  Do you mean the guide you purchase?  If so, and if you are reporting the command as it exists accurately in the guide, that is the second incorrect command I've seen discussed in the paid for guide in about the last six months.  I'm not sure what the other one was but it wasn't discussed here.  The correct command is NVDA key shift s.

I seem to recall that the other incorrect command had to do with a screen review or object navigation command.

Even if people know the correct command, it is important to report incorrect commands in instructional material NVDA creates or links to.

Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 12:14 PM

Subject: [nvda] Nvda sleep. Mode

Hello.

I have a question

I read in the nvda guide that pressing nvda + shift + z will put nvda to sleep,

But when i press it nothing happens,

So how do i put nvda to sleep?

Thanks