Re: I'm dissappointed

Lino Morales

Only one comes to mine. For VI teachers like yourself Miss Susan NV Access in cooperation with the code contributors who live on this and it's sub list can upload as a project Youtube videos on the NV Access site. Yes the testimonial vids are great, but as an educator like yourself said would be a great thing in 2018 and beyond.

On 12/23/2017 10:43 AM, susan@... wrote:
I am a teacher of students with visual impairments. One of my students is learning to use a screen reader and I decided to adopt NVDA. Tireless hours training have been spent training myself through videos, websites, youtubes, etc. I started training my student and implementing it with his school work. We have found what works one day does not always work the next day. What has been frustrating is how difficult it is to get tech support for NVDA on the spot as we sometimes need in the educational setting. We have very limited hours in a school day to complete our training and work with students with visual impairments. Their curriculum extends beyond the core curriculum as we all know and efficiency with support is critical. I am starting to use JAWS with my student and it has been seemless and working well. I really want to adopt NVDA but it has been very frustrating. We teach our students to brainstorm and contact tech support when needed but NVDA does not make it easy for our students to do this. Our students are the future of NVDA as future screen readers. Thoughts?