From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Angela Delicata
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 11:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

This would be the greatest solution.

Il 23/12/2017 20:22, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
I think the better solution is each NVDA country community having some
kind of support center, by phone or by mail...

At least in Portugal we serve as a kind of support center for NVDA...
by phone, Skype or mail...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 18:55 de 23/12/2017, Shaun Everiss escreveu:
Well nvda does not use a traditional support line, the email list is
support for most part.

I think there is a toll call service in australia that the devs run
which you can buy, all reader groups have a trained tech support call
centre, we have mike and maybe other devs doing support but its not a
full support group.

Being that this is opensource and not payed for like jaws I am not
sure how we can fix this shortfall.

Technically I guess we can have groups on skype and or whats app for
nvda support but you really need someone to pick up that phone and
dial support.

Here is the thing, a number of devs and a few are payed but most of
us are not.

Having used jaws, and dolphin products while I have needed support
for most of my comercial product use its never been that much and
email has been most of it but if I need a responce the phone is
always the best especially if the computer does not work right.

On 24/12/2017 4:43 a.m., susan@cantos.us wrote:
I am a teacher of students with visual impairments. One of my
students is learning to use a screen reader and I decided to adopt
NVDA. Tireless hours training have been spent training myself
through videos, websites, youtubes, etc. I started training my
student and implementing it with his school work. We have found what
works one day does not always work the next day. What has been
frustrating is how difficult it is to get tech support for NVDA on
the spot as we sometimes need in the educational setting. We have
very limited hours in a school day to complete our training and work
with students with visual impairments. Their curriculum extends
beyond the core curriculum as we all know and efficiency with
support is critical. I am starting to use JAWS with my student and
it has been seemless and working well. I really want to adopt NVDA
but it has been very frustrating. We teach our students to
brainstorm and contact tech support when needed but NVDA does not
make it easy for our students to do this. Our students are the
future of NVDA as future screen readers. Thoughts?

.

---
http://www.avg.com

--