Re: I'm dissappointed

Adriani Botez

This is not correct. NVDA is well adjustable, even much easier than jaws.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 23.12.2017 um 03:47 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

You can't do what I could do when I used Pine with a shell account a long time ago.  I didn't need to create any frames or scripts.  All I had to do was set the screen echo of JAWS to all, open a message, and then use the jaws skip line wile reading feature, right shift, to very quickly jump to the start of the message body.  Even if NVDA reads such material when it appears on screen, you either listen to everything or nothing and use the tedious read by line screen review option.  Hardly a convenient or reasonable way to go through thirty e-mails.

Like it or not, NVDA isn't user definable.  You can't label graphics and you can't create frames.  These are serious deficiencies even if many of us don't need such options.

And you can't set the screen echo to all and then do what I did, as I described.  This may be an important ability for some users.
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed

Hi

I concur. I  firmly believe that NVDA can do most, if not all, the things more expensive programs can do. With some very rare exceptions. There are still some apps that require jfw with specific scripts to be usable, but as time goes on those apps will dwindle until there are none left. But for 99 percent of people, NVDA can work for them, either alone or in combination with narrator, which has gotten quite good. I don’t really set much store by such presentations, as the few I’ve bothered to listen to gloss over the free options as if they’re not there, are not worth mentioning or aren’t good enough. This applies to NVDA as well as open source operating systems like Linux. I have not listened to the presentation people are talking about, so I don’t want to ruffle any feathers, but as a rule I don’t listen to them. They tend to unilaterally insist that only the paid apps are worth using. Except for the NVDA podcasts. Those are great, although I don’t follow those either. I’m just a user. I use NVDA on a daily basis and have found very little that it can’t do. If it can’t navigate an app by the usual methods, tab, shift tab, arrows, then it can by either touch, if you have a touch screen or object navigation.Even when I was using Linux full time I would keep up with NVDA’s progress, and NVDA is what eventually brought me back to using windows again.

Thanks

Kendell Clark

Sent from Mail for Windows 10