Re: I'm dissappointed

Adriani Botez

In er to work productively with a screen reader you need to know stories from different users. There are users out there who found workarounds for different tasks. Some workarounds are so specific thate even developers of screen readers did not know them when developing it. Thus, it is very important that the user participates on a maillist like this and talks about his or her experience. Every experience is different and much valuable than every tutorial...

Best
Adriani
ord

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 23.12.2017 um 17:43 schrieb susan@...:

I am a teacher of students with visual impairments. One of my students is learning to use a screen reader and I decided to adopt NVDA. Tireless hours training have been spent training myself through videos, websites, youtubes, etc. I started training my student and implementing it with his school work. We have found what works one day does not always work the next day. What has been frustrating is how difficult it is to get tech support for NVDA on the spot as we sometimes need in the educational setting. We have very limited hours in a school day to complete our training and work with students with visual impairments. Their curriculum extends beyond the core curriculum as we all know and efficiency with support is critical. I am starting to use JAWS with my student and it has been seemless and working well. I really want to adopt NVDA but it has been very frustrating. We teach our students to brainstorm and contact tech support when needed but NVDA does not make it easy for our students to do this. Our students are the future of NVDA as future screen readers. Thoughts?