Re: I'm dissappointed

mk360

It is superficial reading or similar ("permitir lectura superficial" in spanish). If you enable that setting, you can press down arrow or up arrow when you're reading with say all, also if you use commands lyke control down arrow or up arrow you can move by paragraph.

El 23/12/2017 a las 20:19, Mary Otten escribió:
Exactly correct. This feature is present in both window eyes and jaws. I hope it comes to NVDA very soon. It’s been around for a long time.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2017, at 3:16 PM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Joseph, I think she was refering to the possibility of pressing LeftArrow or RightArrow to go back or forward one line, phrase or paragraph during continuous reading...Unfortunately that is not yet possible in NVDA...

Rui
Às 23:01 de 23/12/2017, Joseph Lee escreveu:
Hi,
One of them is already here. In fact, you’ll find it in NVDA’s keyboard settings dialog.
Cheers,
Joseph
*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Mary Otten
*Sent:* Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:58 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] I'm dissappointed
I really agree with you about the inability to move backwards or forwards a line at a time when continuous reading is invoked. I really really miss that feature a lot coming from window eyes as I have.
Mary
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 23, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Gene <gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...>> wrote:
You can't label graphics, you can't create frames and there is no
adjustment of the screen echo. There is also no way to skip baqck
and forward by line when the screen echo is set to all or when using
read to end and have speech continue. If these abilities were
present, as far as I know, that would make NVDA as user configurable
as JAWS and Window-eyes. These are important lacks in NVDA.