Re: Nvda broken?

Gene

Whenever you discuss this question, you never put it in the context that I've discussed.  Have you ever tried to find out or kept track of how many people who don't like Eloquence or Via Voice are Brittish and how many are Americans?  The American speech is fine.  The brittish accent sounds like an american trying to imitate a Brittish accent and it's ludicrous.

I like Brittish accents and if Via Voice or Eloquence had a real Brittish accent, I might read with it some of the time.  But I never use the phony imitation accent.

Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda broken?

Seems odd though if its been there for a while.
 I know the  IBM version of Eloquence works still, but being sappe 4 is a
little, shall we say unsophisticated!

I'm not sure what it is about Eloquence that people like. To me, being a
Brit it always sounds like it has  a speech impediment. I much prefer espeak
Quincy, but then I'm biased as i created the variant in the first place :-)
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-