From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] New Blog Post: (3) Relearning The Computer The Sightless Way

Dear all,

The 21st century 11-year-old is expected to be a proficient user of

tech, and I fulfilled that expectancy at that age too… until I lost

all my remaining vision and was forced to start from scratch. Allow me

to recount my experience, perhaps mirroring that of many other late

blind folks as well, of transitioning from the mouse to the keyboard,

leaving behind my favourite video games, and trying to revive visual

memories of the computer screen in a nonvisual manner. Check out the

newest issue in the Story of my Life Series on my blog Hiking Across

Horizons titled “(3) Relearning The Computer The Sightless Way”.

Post URL: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/2017/12/23/3-relearning-the-computer-the-sightless-way/

Blog Address: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Thanks.

P.S. While the shared blog post does not specifically pertain to NVDA,

I am certain that it will help remind us from where we came from as

screen reader users, the present situation of the adoption of NVDA in

training agencies, experiences of newbies with NVDA as their first, or

possibly second (as in my case), screen reader on Windows.

--

Best Regards

Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me