Re: important! Windows 10 doesn't allow fat 32 formatting for flash drives for the moment

Sarah k Alawami

If XFat is supported by the nls player you could use that I think.

Good luck.

On Dec 25, 2017, at 12:50 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:

Nice.
Why don't you all use the good ole' "format" command though? It allows for
all filesystems and couldn't be similar. You don't even have to remember the
sswitches - the help screen describes everything.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen
Sent: December 24, 2017 10:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] important! Windows 10 doesn't allow fat 32 formatting
for flash drives for the moment

YOu can format drives to fat32 with a 3rd party program, it's freeware.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.htm
At 09:23 PM 12/24/2017, you wrote:
Hi
You're better at this than I am, I couldn't even have cobbled this
together. I can write a bash script to do it in Linux, since I know the
cintax better and I know the command line programs that format stuff,
but in windows? Not a chance. I never even considered that this was a
bug, I assumed ms deliberately removed it hoping people will migrate
over to the newer file systems. Which would be fine except that most
blindy devices only support a limited set of them, mostly windows ones,
or at least OS agnostic ones like fat and fat32. I do wish they would
add ext2/3/4, btrfs, xfs, and some other Linux file systems as native
support. It would go well with microsoft's supposed mission of
supporting the competition. It would go right in with wsl, windows
subsystem for Linux and their support for gmail and iCloud email
accounts. Whether it will happen though is anyone's guess. I didn't
think they'd ever make windows installation accessible and when they
did, they did it right, I have to say. Except for Cortana, that over
rides narrator until you turn it off, and I've asked them to disable
the speech intro if narrator is on. Still allow Cortana functionality,
just disable the perky speech intro in favor of narrators, since it
announces the intro anyway.

Thanks
Kendell Clark

Sent from my Vizio Ultrabook