Re: I want to run a program call urlwatch. which is a python program, is it accessible on Windows?

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I extracted the tar.gc successfully with 7zip.
Afterwards, I have to install python?
Which version is recommended? I saw that there are both 2.7xxx and 3.5xxxxavailable on official web site.
Antony Stone 於 29/4/2016 22:13 寫道:

tar.gz is indeed very commonly used on Linux machines, however it's far from
"for Linux only".

The Windows archiving program 7-Zip for example, can quite happily deal with
this format of archive, and if the content is a Python program, it can be run
on any machine with a Python interpreter - it won't be specific to Linux,
Windows, OS X, or anything else.

I have no information on whether the program URLwatch itself is accessible
once you're able to run it, though.

Antony.

On Friday 29 April 2016 at 15:57:30, Brandon Cross wrote:

Well, never heard of tar.gc, but if it refers to tar.gz, that is a
package format that is for linux only

On 4/29/2016 8:28 AM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi,
I just find a program that can monitor webpage changes called
urlwatch. It is a source code in tar.gc and extracted as something
containing xxx.py
It seems I have to download something like python...and run that program.
I am not sure if the things is accessible. If not I will not proceed.
Thanks.