From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 10:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] duplicate messages

I concur with Gene but wanted to run tests to see if there were any possible way this problem could occur with a typical setup across environments.  I left my subscription set at e-mail overnight and I have only single copies of every single message, and my own are not being mailed back to me except in the form of bottom quoting by others.  Everything is in sync across Gmail web interface, smartphone Gmail, and MS Outlook 2010.

Something is set up incorrectly "post-groups" if consistent duplication is being received.  I have seen instances of this in the past when people have forwarding set up on two e-mail addresses where each forwards to the other.  The e-mail servers stop "infinite" forwarding but will do an initial forward from each e-mail.  There can also be all sorts of weirdness if one or more devices uses IMAP access and another one or more uses POP.

Whatever this is, it's not Gmail and it's not Groups.io.  I can't be any more specific than that with the information available.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky