Re: outlook question

Gene

You have to pay for Outlook.  Outlook is an e-mail program.  I'm not sure if there is both a cloud based and a local version.  Whatever the case, I see more complaints about Outlook than about any other popular Windows e-mail program.  I would keep away from it unless you have a specific reason to use it.  With Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, and, if you use Windows 10, the Windows mail app all available as choices, there is no reason to pay for an e-mail program unless you want its extra features which are business-related features.  Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft but you can still get it from people who have the full installer.  One or more people on this list has it.  Thunderbird and the Windows Mail app are supported and available in the usual ways.

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 2:34 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] outlook question

I'm assuming its the one supplied with Office 2016. By the mere statement of
the originator saying Microsoft supplied it as no success was being had
getting the free Windows mail client to work.
 However I'm sure we all also know that Microsoft have been having severe
crashing issues with Outlook recently in windows 10 too, if a screenreader
is present.
 Hopefully recent updates have resolved this, but I think that was what you
wanted to know.
 So no, in my view you would need to be pretty desperate to use Windows
webmail on their outlook used to be hotmail web interface. I think maybe it
was designed by a drunk programmer....
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.