Re: nvda with a youtube to mp3 converter program

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi David,

You're right that we need command prompt to execute it.

  • Download the exe to a folder. Here's the download link https://yt-dl.org/latest/youtube-dl.exe
  • Open cmd.exe and navigate to folder where youtube-dl.exe located
  • Execute the command to retrieve all available format (Note that we use capital F)
    • youtube-dl.exe -F [youtube_url_you_want_to_download]
  • The software will download metadata containing available the format you wanted. There'll be multiple options to choose. We even can download audio only file.
  • Then execute similar command to download media file that you wan (we use small f lerter here)
    • youtube-dl.exe -f [format_code] [youtube_url_you_want_to_download]

Example to download full HD video (format code 22) from nvaccess:

youtube-dl.exe -F https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQ7zELFmLE
youtube-dl.exe -f 22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQ7zELFmLE

Note
  • Add location where we save youtube-dl.exe to system environment PATH in order to access it from anywhere
  • If you add playlist URL, it will download all the videos
  • If the program unable to download, perhaps google made another modifications. Just download the new version and it should work.
  • The good thing of command line is that NVDA works really well with it

If you need help, you may contact me

skype : edhoari.s

email : edhoari.s@...

On 29-Dec-17 5:08 PM, David Griffith wrote:

Is there any clue as to how to use it?

The documentation seems to assume you have a  degree in programming.

A basic set  of instrukctions for a Windows  User would be very useful.

It appears that you need to run it from a command prompt but how to do this and where to put the program to achieve this, and if possible an example of how to use it  would be great.

I don’t  know if this exists anywhere.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/