Re: Issues With Number Processing or Display On Creative Labs Web Page

Gene

No, screen-readers should not change text by placing something there that is not there.  If a screen-reader can be made to identify and read whatever is therre, that's fine.  But a screen-reader should be able to be relied on by the user to accurately reflect what it is aware of on the screen.  Reformatting a web page in the MSAA buffer is fine.  But reformatting doesn't add material to what is read.  It is a violation of the trust one puts in screen-readers if they add something that isn't there and make it appear as though it actually is.

Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues With Number Processing or Display On Creative Labs Web Page

Well without  decimal points a thing most readers have been trained to
read for years those prices will never be read right.
The only way I think it will ever work short of modifying all synth
dictionaries at once, that this coding needs to be added into an addon
for nvda to put points where there should be.
Now this won't be acurate by any stretch in fact there will be probably
more problems with points in the wrong place but its better there than not.
In ie this ofcause never happens but with something like firefox it does.