Re: Make NVDA speak certain character

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi Tyler,

That did the trick. Thanks

Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

On 04-Jan-18 3:33 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Hi.
To fix this, you can press NVDA+p to increase your symbol level. Each
higher level includes more characters. Set it to most and the dash
should speak.
If this speaks too many characters you don't want, you can use the
Punctuation/symbol pronunciation dialog to adjust what gets spoken at
each level.

On 1/4/2018 12:14 AM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
FYI

I'm using latest NVDA 2017.4 on Windows 10 x64 (I doubt OS version has
anything to do with this).

To summarize, I want to know how to make NVDA do not skip certain
character while reading a line.

a = b - c

I only hear "a equals b c" from equation above. While it should be "a
equals b minus c".

Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

On 04-Jan-18 1:54 PM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi,

It's me again :) I still trying to get used with NVDA and could youe
some help

I review a code with Visual Studio Code and can't get NVDA to spell
the "-" operator when I press numpad 8 or up/down arrow keys.
Therefore I have to traverse per character to hear if thera re any
dash character in certain line. Tried with Notepas++ with same result.

It's a arithmetic operator and important for me to have it read
correctly.

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards