Re: Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Suggest 52 ESR as security update are available for that one, not the others up to 56.

This is one reason why I do not agree with Joseph about using 58 in his tutorials. In real world situations they have not yet fixed the access issues to make it as nippy as the old version was.
Shame they needed to go down this road. They could easily keep the old version and do security fixes for some years if they wanted to.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Hi,

Fallback to FF version 53 seems do the trick. Will try update to latest version just before Quantum

Thanks for your help

Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

On 04-Jan-18 12:49 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
The situation has improved somewhat in Firefox 58 and later, which NVDA 2018.1 will support (you can still use FF58 with NVDA 2017.4).
Cheers,
oseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edhoari Setiyoso
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Latest Firefox is extremely slow

Hi All,

I tried Firefox for couple of weeks now and it feels so sluggish. I think it began with Firefox Quantum, Unfortunately the solution that I found in the mozilla forum is to prevent access for accessibility, effectively rendering it useless with NVDA. Does anyone here has another solution?

Best Regards

--
Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.