From: "Edhoari Setiyoso" <edhoari.s@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Make NVDA speak certain character

FYI

I'm using latest NVDA 2017.4 on Windows 10 x64 (I doubt OS version has anything to do with this).

To summarize, I want to know how to make NVDA do not skip certain character while reading a line.

a = b - c

I only hear "a equals b c" from equation above. While it should be "a equals b minus c".

Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso
edhoari <dot> s [at] gmail <dot> com

On 04-Jan-18 1:54 PM, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi,

It's me again :) I still trying to get used with NVDA and could youe some help

I review a code with Visual Studio Code and can't get NVDA to spell the "-" operator when I press numpad 8 or up/down arrow keys. Therefore I have to traverse per character to hear if thera re any dash character in certain line. Tried with Notepas++ with same result.

It's a arithmetic operator and important for me to have it read correctly.

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards