Re: What do we like for a media player besides Winamp?

Julia

I'm using foobar 2000 and it's pretty good, especially if you setup shortcuts.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2018 10:40 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] What do we like for a media player besides Winamp?

Gom player offers full interface via context menu and shortcut keys - it's my current multimedia player software:

http://www.gomlab.com/

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2018/01/05 09:25, John Isige wrote:
Hi all. I'm looking for a Winamp replacement, since it keeps crashing,
apparently the amount of music I have is just too much for it. I like
Winamp's minimal interface. I don't have to tab all over the place to
get to things, I don't have to hit weird alt function key
combinations, stuff like that. I loathe iTunes, in case anybody wants
to suggest it. Also, I'm looking for something modern, or at least
maintained, so please don't start telling me about how if you find
just the right website, you can download a version of Windows Media
Player from twelve ears ago that's awesome!

I tried playing with Groove a bit. It works, but there seems to be no
keyboard shortcuts to speak of, at least not that I saw, and it was
tab central through a bunch of stuff I don't really care about. But
maybe I just need to learn it better. I organize my own music, so
other than pointing it at a folder and letting it go on random or
shuffle or whatever, I don't think I need an organizer. I thought of
VLC but I'm not sure if that has enough control or accessibility,
though I gather you can make whatever keyboard shortcuts for it you
want, so it's a possibility.

If anybody's got recommendations, I'd surely appreciate some. I'd keep
using Winamp, but apparently 200 plus GB of music is the point at
which Winamp throws up its hands and runs away to hide in a closet. So
I guess it's time to use something else, which is too bad, because I
still dig Winamp.